- These terms govern your use of O-Team Support. By accessing O-Team Support, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- O-Team Support provides telephone support to assist you in the setup and use of certain smart devices purchased from Optus (Devices) or collections of such Devices sold together (Bundles).
- In these terms, ‘Optus’ means Optus Smart Spaces Pty Limited or the relevant company in the Optus Group providing you with the relevant product or service, as the case may be. ‘You’ or ‘Your’ (capitalised or not) shall refer to the purchaser of the Device.
Eligibility for O-Team Support
- Support is provided with all Bundles which advertise the inclusion of that service. O-Team Support is not provided with the purchase of individual devices, unless expressly stated otherwise at the time of purchase.
- O-Team Support is available for thirty (30) days from date of purchase of the Bundle and covers technical assistance in relation to the setup and use of Devices in that Bundle. O-Team Support only provides assistance in relation to items purchased from Optus.
Accessing O-Team Support
- O-Team Support can be accessed via telephone. Calls to this service are charged as standard national calls and you will be required to pay for the cost of these calls to your telephone service provider.
- O-Team Support is personal to you as the purchaser of the Device or Bundle, and cannot be transferred to another person.
- O-Team Support provides guided assistance in relation to the setup and use of Devices.
- You can use O-Team Support as needed within the 30-day window in connection with your Device(s). Optus reserves the right to limit your access to O-Team Support if it reasonably believes that you are:
- using O-Team Support to on-sell any technical assistance services;
- refusing to follow guidance or steps previously provided to you;
- engaging in any inappropriate or threatening behaviour to any Optus personnel or representatives; or
- using O-Team Support in a vexatious manner designed to harass or cause disturbance.
- Due to the nature of consumer electronic devices, and the technical variables involved in each person’s location, there may be circumstances where O-Team Support may not be able to fully resolve your issue. You acknowledge and agree that O-Team Support cannot guarantee that it will be able to resolve every kind of technical issue, especially in circumstances where the underlying issue may be caused by factors unique to you, such as your internet connection or electrical wiring.
- O-Team Support does not provide technical resolution or support services in connection with:
- telecommunications services such as internet or telephone connections or pre-existing issues within your household which may affect the Device; or
- cybersecurity, or
- anti-virus, or malware removal.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Optus, its related bodies corporate, and their representatives, employees and agents expressly exclude all warranties, conditions, guarantees and representations in relation to O-Team Support, except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Optus, its related bodies corporate, and representatives will not be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, expenses, costs, profits, lost savings or earnings, lost or corrupted data, or other liability arising out of your use of O-Team Support. You further agree that O-Team Support does not include any services in relation to the backup of storage of data or user settings and you accept that you are solely responsible for the management of these matters, including taking any steps to properly back up and secure your own data.
The terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you and Optus agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that location in connection with any legal proceedings which arise in relation to these terms and conditions.